Car accidents are a common occurrence. Many times accidents result in minor damage to the vehicles involved. Other car accidents are more serious, resulting in major property damage, critical injuries, and even death. It is important that you know what to do if you are a party to a car accident.
- Stop at or as close to the scene of the accident as possible. Make sure you are in a safe location.
- Remain calm. If you are injured, do not move. This could cause further injury. Do not admit fault to anyone.
- Call the police. If you are involved in a car accident that results in personal injury or significant property damage, you are required to report the incident to the police and Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Call someone you know and trust to the scene. Having someone there to document the scene is invaluable.
- Get important information from other involved drivers. Write down or take pictures of driver’s licenses, license plate numbers, insurance information. Also get contact information from any witnesses.
- Take pictures or video of the accident scene. Take photos of the scene including landmarks, skidmarks, property damage, and all vehicles involved.
- Seek Medical Attention. You may not think that you are injured, however, injuries from car accidents can take days or weeks to develop physical symptoms. Failure to timely seek medical care can have a negative impact on any monetary recovery that you may seek.
- Promptly report the car accident to all insurance companies. Do not discuss the details of the accident or injuries with insurance companies. They will likely try to use the statements against you.
- Contact the Lehi car accident law firm attorneys at 1LAW. It is vital that you swiftly seek the advice and counsel of a knowledgeable and experienced car accident attorney who will help you handle the insurance company and other parties.
The Lehi Car Accident Law Firm Attorneys at 1LAW
Consulting with the Lehi car accident law firm attorneys at 1LAW after a car accident has many benefits. Your consultation will not cost you anything. You will be given a professional legal opinion about the viability of your claim and what damages you may be entitled to recover. You will also be able to ask questions and be given answers that you can rely on. The Lehi car accident law firm attorneys at 1LAW have assisted numerous individuals in the same position as you. We have your best interests in mind as go to work recovering that which you are entitled to. Call us today for a no cost consultation.