Anyone who has dealt with a personal injury knows what a daunting task recovering a claim can be. We understand that knowledge is king, and having a basic understanding of personal injury law terms will make working with a lawyer that much easier. Below are some common personal injury legal terms with definitions. If you ever have any questions, please contact a 1LAW personal injury lawyer. We are happy to help you out.
- Statute of limitations: a specific amount of time in which a party can sue after an accident. If you go beyond that amount of time, you lose your right.
- Vicarious liability: when an employer is responsible for the actions of one of its employees.
- Salvage value: the value of a totaled vehicle that is going to be sold for scrap.
- Premises liability: in slip and fall cases, the laws that govern the property or land where the accident took place.
- Strict product liability: the body of law that deals with the seller’s, producer’s and/or manufacturer’s responsibility for defective products.
We will continue to provide more personal injury legal terms and information in future articles. You don’t need to deal with a personal injury yourself. Let a skilled 1LAW personal injury attorney help you get what you deserve.
1LAW is an affordable, transparent law firm in a time when it’s difficult to differentiate between different firms’ abilities, strengths and weaknesses. We are committed as the voice of our clients when faced with difficult life situations, and provide a tailored fit approach to each individual or entity. The need for a lawyer is often disconcerting, but 1LAW strives to efficiently and affordably provide the best legal support possible.