If you are unfortunate enough to be in a vehicular collision, always remember these steps:
- Exchange contact, license, and insurance information with the other party, regardless of fault;
- Take several pictures of the scene;
- Contact the police or highway patrol if none show up;
- Collect the police report or file one if no police authority shows up;
- Report the incident to your insurance company within 24 hours of occurrence, regardless of fault;
- Contact an attorney who specializes in personal injury cases; and
- See a medical provider for a check-up!
Authored by Scott D. McDonald, Esq.
Scott McDonald is a California native who graduated from Pepperdine Law School in 2008. He has been aggressively litigating cases in Personal Injury and Bankruptcy Law for nearly a decade. Mr. McDonald prides himself in being anything but a “typical” attorney. His unique and very personal approach to practicing law has helped numerous clients obtain their goals and get the legal relief they need.
Mr. McDonald is also a member of 1Law, which allows clients to obtain free legal support for basic matters and to stay in constant communication with him once retained.
To learn more about the advantages 1Law provides to attorneys and individuals, visit www.1Law.com or register for free via the 1Law App.