Accidents happen, and a slip and fall can happen in pretty much any location. If this unfortunate incident happens to you, take the following steps:
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other party;
- Do your best to recall the incident by either writing down what you remember of the scene;
- If an incident report was opened or created by the premise, make sure you have a copy of it before you leave;
- Take several pictures of the scene;
- If you had to be taken to an emergency facility and were unable to facilitate the above steps, re-visit or contact the premise and retrieve the incident report;
- Contact an attorney who specializes in personal injury cases; and
- See a medical provider for a check-up!
Authored by Scott D. McDonald, Esq.
Scott McDonald is a California native who graduated from Pepperdine Law School in 2008. He has been aggressively litigating cases in Personal Injury and Bankruptcy Law for nearly a decade. Mr. McDonald prides himself in being anything but a “typical” attorney. His unique and very personal approach to practicing law has helped numerous clients obtain their goals and get the legal relief they need.
Mr. McDonald is also a member of 1Law, which allows clients to obtain free legal support for basic matters and to stay in constant communication with him once retained.
To learn more about the advantages 1Law provides to attorneys and individuals, visit www.1Law.com or register for free via the 1Law App.