If you were harmed or injured due to the negligence of a healthcare professional, remember these steps:
- Take several pictures of the current state of the injury, if possible;
- Recall the event of the harm in a linear timeline by writing it down or retelling it to another trustworthy individual, such as a family member;
- Gather all medical records that were initially provided to you by the healthcare provider or medical office;
- Contact an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice cases; and
- Seek another medical provider who could assist with your immediate or corrective healing.
- Note that the time limit to bring a claim under medical malpractice is shorter than a typical personal injury claim.
Authored by Scott D. McDonald, Esq.
Scott McDonald is a California native who graduated from Pepperdine Law School in 2008. He has been aggressively litigating cases in Personal Injury and Bankruptcy Law for nearly a decade. Mr. McDonald prides himself in being anything but a “typical” attorney. His unique and very personal approach to practicing law has helped numerous clients obtain their goals and get the legal relief they need.
Mr. McDonald is also a member of 1Law, which allows clients to obtain free legal support for basic matters and to stay in constant communication with him once retained.
To learn more about the advantages 1Law provides to attorneys and individuals, visit www.1Law.com or register for free via the 1Law App.