If you were personally injured at a work-related accident, take these simple steps:
- Take several pictures of the area or the scene of the incident;
- Recall the event of the incident in a linear timeline by writing it down;
- If an incident report was created, get a copy of the report;
- Establish contact with the appropriate human resources coordinator;
- If you had to be taken to an emergency facility and were unable to facilitate the above steps, re-visit scene of the incident and retrieve the incident report from the HR coordinator;
- Contact an attorney who specializes in workers compensation cases; and
- Seek the care of a medical professional for a check-up and obtain a copy of the medical record!
Authored by Scott D. McDonald, Esq.
Scott McDonald is a California native who graduated from Pepperdine Law School in 2008. He has been aggressively litigating cases in Personal Injury and Bankruptcy Law for nearly a decade. Mr. McDonald prides himself in being anything but a “typical” attorney. His unique and very personal approach to practicing law has helped numerous clients obtain their goals and get the legal relief they need.
Mr. McDonald is also a member of 1Law, which allows clients to obtain free legal support for basic matters and to stay in constant communication with him once retained.
To learn more about the advantages 1Law provides to attorneys and individuals, visit www.1Law.com or register for free via the 1Law App.