Car accidents unfortunately are a common daily occurrence. When it comes to the aftermath of a car accident, how you behave and the things you do directly affect your settlement. Below are some common do’s and don’ts to follow in case you are ever in a car accident.
- Call the police
- Seek medical attention
- Take as many photographs as possible
- Get all the information including license plate numbers, insurance, addresses, phone numbers, etc. from everyone involved
- Contact an attorney
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident
- Don’t throw away any potential evidence
- Don’t move your car unless necessary
- Don’t apologize or take blame
- Don’t get into a verbal or physical altercation with anyone
It’s very easy to get caught up in the moment when dealing with a car accident. However, making sure that you take care of yourself is your first priority. Contact a personal injury lawyer and know your rights. You deserve to be compensated for your damages.
1LAW is an affordable, transparent law firm in a time when it’s difficult to differentiate between different firms’ abilities, strengths and weaknesses. We are committed as the voice of our clients when faced with difficult life situations, and provide a tailored fit approach to each individual or entity. The need for a lawyer is often disconcerting, but 1LAW strives to efficiently and affordably provide the best legal support possible.